With HOLOPHONIX 1.7.0 we introduce important interface changes. You will find the same elements as before, but organized in a different way to offer an improved workflow.
This update includes major changes. Please read carefully the Changelog section before updating.
This major update includes a redesigned interface, new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The user interface has been completely redesigned for HOLOPHONIX 1.7.0, to offer a more reactive interface, and an easier workflow.
- Added an undo/redo function.
- Improved the Inspector with a search function (by object name or OSC Address) and collapsible categories.
- Improved the 'Overview' visualization. It is now used to add/remove sources/buses, and features a more convenient interface.
- Improved the reactivity and preset loading time on presets containing many objects.
- Added an optional grid, which can be set to XYZ or AED modes.
- Added a 'Visibility Layers' window to manage displayed elements.
- Added a transformation tool allowing better positioning control and easy multi-selection translation, rotation and scaling,
- Added a right-click menu allowing several interactions (add sources/bus, change transformation mode, grid controls).
- Added a navigation bar for quick access to the selected source/bus, and to sources/bus by index and by category.
- Improved mixer organization: sources are on the left, bus on the right, and masters (including Monitoring and LFE) are always displayed to the right.
- Added new group control options: 'Bus Send' and 'Source Position', which can now be linked or not.
- Added automatic groups for all tracks sent to a given bus.
- Fixed a bug with 'Trim' not in groups.
- Added acoustic parameters on virtual sources: 'Doppler' effect, 'Air' absorption and 'Phase' opposition.
- Added a Solo Clear function (available from the 3D Venue and Mixer options bars).
- Added a 'Trim' setting on 'Direct', 'Early' and 'Reverb' parameters.
- Added the 'Delay Bypass setting' on several Ambisonics sources.
- Added a 'Reverb send' and 'Reverb mute' on several Ambisonics sources.
- Added a new 'HOA Stream' source (similar to B-Format, but can be set to Order 1 to 7).
- Improved the 'Multichannel Setup' and 'Mic Tree Setup' windows that now indicate the Inputs names
- Fixed a bug with Direct-to-Master sources routing
The new HOA Stream sources offer better control and compatibility options than 'Direct-to-Bus' sources. If you used Direct-to-Bus sources, you can now switch to 'HOA Stream'.
- Added the 'Transaural' algorithm (similar to Binaural, but built for stereo loudspeaker setups).
- Improved the 'Speakers Parameters' window that now indicates the names of the Speakers
- Added the possibility to use 2D immersive (surround) setups.
- Added the 'Gain Scaling' parameter.
- Improved workflow: SDIF files are not required anymore.
Legacy compatibility notice
For legacy compatibility, when an SDIF file is loaded, it will be used for gain and delay value computation. If you want to keep using your WFS bus as before, you don't have to change anything. Your SDIF files will be automatically loaded as before.
When no SDIF File is loaded, the delays and gains are automatically computed.✅ Full Legacy Compatiblity
- Added the 'Divergence' parameter, similar to the 'Spread', but that changes with the source distance.
- Added the 'Neighbors Max Distance' parameter.
- Added the 'Neighbors Exponent' parameter.
- Improved SOFA support for HRTF files, updated according to AES69-2020 SOFA 2.0 standard.
- Added an Equalizer on every Speaker.
- Improved the Speaker orientation control options to be more user-friendly.
- Improved the Test Generator that now features a more elaborate interface, with automatic incrementation option. It is now located in the 'Routing View' and can now be activated on locked Speakers.
- Added a Room Size parameter.
- Added an Equalizer on Reverbs.
- Added a 'Filter Bypass' option, that offers the possibility to deactivate the LFE Filter when the subwoofers are processed externally.
These fixes might change your LFE levels. Check your mix when importing presets from 1.6.2.
- Improved the LFE send pickup point: the LFE signal was sent post-Direct and Early; the signal is now only sent Post-Direct
- Fixed an issue with LFE Send internal routing, where the signal was sent n-times when the source was sent to n buses, causing a level boost each time the source was sent to a new bus.
- Added the possibility to create multiple OSC Sends
- Added the choice between AED and XYZ coordinates outputs
- Added an input port setting (4003 by default)
Legacy compatibility notice
The default input port has been changed from 4002 to 4003. You can still send messages to port 4002. These messages are sent directly to the audio engine. Port 4003 will offer more features in the future.✅ Full Legacy Compatiblity
- Improved groups processing.
- Improved audio processing with various DSP and control optimizations.
- Improved the Equalizer to minimize ripples in the band edges.
- Improved warning and error detections for loudspeaker setup.
- Fixed a bug with the 'Convention' parameter not properly rendered on B-Format sources.
- Fixed a bug with Stereo AB bus.
- Fixed a critical DSP bug with filters' crossfade.