You can access the control interface of HOLOPHONIX by connecting a monitor, keyboard and mouse directly to the processor. But the most convinient way is to use the web remote, which can be accessed with a Chrome-Based web browser.
We recommend using you web browser in 'Private Browsing' mode (also name 'InPrivate' or 'Incognito' mode).
To connect to the interface, simply type
HOLOPHONIX is compatible with Chrome-Based web browsers. The following have been tested:
Click on the icons to access the following views:
The color dots on the left of the options bar offers information about the HOLOPHONIX processor status.
The upper dot shows the network status. Click on the dot to monitor the network load, by showing the number of network frames exchanged at t time.
It is green under normal circumstances, and red when the network connection with the station is lost.
The lower dot indicates the HOLOPHONIX spatialization station status. Click on the dot to display, in %, the CPU load of the spatialization station used by the audio server.
It is green under normal circumstances, and red in case of an audio engine error.
Select a preset in the drop-down menu to load it. Presets contain all session data, including sources and speaker positioning, and all the associated parameters. The preset are stored directly on the processor. To export or import a preset, use the Import or Export options from the 'File' menu.
Use the 'Save' icon to save your preset. When the preset contains unsaved modifications, its name is displayed in italics. Don’t forget to save your work regularly.
Use the 'File' menu to perform the following actions:
- New to create a preset
- Open... to load a preset from the presets list
- Save the active preset
- Save As... to create a copy of the active preset
- Remove to delete the active preset
- Rename the active preset
- Import to upload to the processor a preset located on your remote computer. Tour web browser will display a file browser. On your computer, select the preset file to import. The preset will then be added to the preset list. If your preset is not saved as a *.zip file, make sure to load both the *.txt and *.hol files.
- Export to download to you computer the active preset as a *.zip file containing a *.txt and a *.hol file. Make sure to always keep those two files together.
- Set as default preset the active preset. That preset will be automatically loaded at startup.
- Delete the active preset.
Use these buttons to cancel (undo) or re-instate (redo) actions.
The displayed options will depend on the active view. For more details, check the following pages:
Click on the Inspector icon in the Options Bar to display or hide the Inspector. Check the Inspector page for more details about its functions.
The quick help bar displays informations on any parameter of your preset, when pointing the mouse cursor at it. When available, the OSC command of the parameter will be shown.